Jump to Main Content
- Tappel, Ryan C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2012 v.78 no.2 pp. 519-527
- Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas putida; biosynthesis; carbon; feedstocks; gene expression; genes; glucose; glycerol; polyhydroxyalkanoates; polymerase chain reaction; transport proteins
- ... Pseudomonas putida KT2440 is capable of producing medium-chain-length polyhydroxyalkanoates (MCL-PHAs) when grown on unrelated carbon sources during nutrient limitation. Transcription levels of genes putatively involved in PHA biosynthesis were assessed by quantitative real-time PCR (qRT-PCR) in P. putida grown on glycerol as a sole carbon source. The results showed that two genes, phaG and the PP ...
- PubMed Central:
- Tappel, Ryan C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biomacromolecules 2012 v.13 no.9 pp. 2964-2972
- Escherichia coli; biodegradability; biosynthesis; carbon; composite polymers; fatty acids; glass transition temperature; modulus of elasticity
- ... As applications for biodegradable and biologically produced poly[(R)-3-hydroxyalkanoates] (PHAs) grow into more specialized areas, the need to precisely control the repeating unit composition and consequently the physical properties of these polymers has become essential. A previous study reported our development of Escherichia coli LSBJ in order to produce PHA polymers composed of single repeatin ...
- Tappel, Ryan C., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2014 v.2 no.7 pp. 1879-1887
- Escherichia coli; biochemical pathways; biodegradability; biosynthesis; carbon; composite polymers; feedstocks; glucose; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polyethylene; polyhydroxyalkanoates; thermal properties; tissue engineering
- ... Polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs) are biorenewable and biodegradable polyesters that have garnered attention as alternatives to more common petroleum-based polymers. One of the current limitations for the widespread use of PHAs is the inability to produce PHA polymers with desired material properties. Previous studies have shown that PHA copolymers consisting primarily of one short-chain-length (SCL) r ...