Jump to Main Content
- Kumar, Prasun; Pant, Dinesh Chander; Mehariya, Sanjeet; Sharma, Rishi; Kansal, Arun; Kalia, Vipin C.
- Indian journal of microbiology 2014 v.54 no.3 pp. 262-267
- Sphingobacterium, etc ; Acinetobacter; Exiguobacterium; Pseudomonas; Stenotrophomonas; bacteria; biochemical oxygen demand; biofuels; biotransformation; bottles; food waste; hydrogen; hydrolysates; hydrolysis; markets; methane; methane production; methanogens; proteinases; restaurants; slurries; total solids; vegetables; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Vegetable wastes (VW) and food wastes (FW) are generated in large quantities by municipal markets, restaurants and hotels. Waste slurries (250 ml) in 300 ml BOD bottles, containing 3, 5 and 7 % total solids (TS) were hydrolyzed with bacterial mixtures composed of: Bacillus, Acinetobacter, Exiguobacterium, Pseudomonas, Stenotrophomonas and Sphingobacterium species. Each of these bacteria had high a ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kuo, Tsung Min; Levinson, William E.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2006 v.83 no.8 pp. 671
- Sphingobacterium thalpophilum, etc ; oleic acid; biotransformation; oxidation; lipid metabolism; amides; stearic acid; Bacillus sphaericus; soil bacteria; bioreactors; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The objective of this study was to develop scaleup bioprocesses for producing 10-hydroxystearic acid (10-HSA) and 10-ketostearic acid (10-KSA) as well as their primary amides for potential new uses. A reactor process was examined to obtain the mono-oxygenated FA using Sphingobacterium thalpophilum (NRRL B-14797) and Bacillus sphaericus (NRRL NRS-732), which solely produce 10-HSA and 10-KSA, respec ...
- Kuo, Tsung Min; Isbell, Terry A.; Rooney, Alejandro; Levinson, William E.; Frykman, Hans
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2007 v.84 no.7 pp. 639
- Sphingobacterium multivorum, etc ; Lesquerella fendleri; Brassicaceae; plant fats and oils; saturated fatty acids; composts; biotransformation; Acinetobacter; Enterobacter cloacae; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The objective of this study was to explore the extent of microbial conversion of lesquerolic acid (14-hydroxy-cis-11-eicosenoic acid; LQA) by whole cell catalysis and to identify the newly converted products. Among compost isolates including NRRL strains B-23212 (Sphingobacterium multivorum), B-23213 (Acinetobacter sp.), B-23257 (Enterobacter cloacae B), B-23259 (Escherichia sp.) and B-23260 (Pseu ...