Jump to Main Content
- Tokumaru, Yoshimi, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Nutrition & metabolism 2016 v.13 no.1 pp. 25
- absorption; adverse effects; alanine; alcohol drinking; blood; cross-over studies; dietary fiber; ethanol; foods; gastric emptying; humans; males; men; metabolism; pH; rats; sedatives; sensation; sugars; synergism; tomatoes; urine
- ... BACKGROUND: Little is known about the effects of dietary components on the regulation of the gastric emptying rate of alcohol and its impact on alcohol metabolism. We recently found that the crude water-insoluble dietary fibers from several types of botanical foods maintained aqueous ethanol solutions. Additionally, the ethanol-absorbing ability of the dietary fibers correlated with the inhibition ...
- PubMed Central:
- Ukai, Yoshimi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2015 v.25 no.3 pp. 364-371
- adults; bladder; blood; blood sampling; catheters; creatinine; cross-over studies; dogs; females; furosemide; intravenous injection; males; protein content; renin; urea nitrogen; urine
- ... OBJECTIVE: To compare the diuretic effects of subcutaneous (SC) administration of furosemide to conventional methods of administration including intravenous (IV), per os (PO), and constant rate infusion (CRI) in healthy dogs. DESIGN: Prospective, randomized, cross‐over study. SETTING: Veterinary university research facility. ANIMALS: Seven healthy, adult mongrel dogs (3 males, 4 females). INTERVEN ...