Jump to Main Content
- Yamaguchi, Yoshiki, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2017 v.1861 no.10 pp. 2473-2478
- Alzheimer disease; Parkinson disease; biomarkers; blood; blood-brain barrier; brain; cerebrospinal fluid; choroid plexus; elderly; glycoproteins; hydrocephalus; immunohistochemistry; metabolism; patients; polysaccharides; transferrin
- ... Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) is sequestered from blood by the blood-brain barrier and directly communicates with brain parenchymal interstitial fluid, leading to contain specific biomarkers of neurological diseases.CSF contains glycan isoforms of transferrin (Tf): one appears to be derived from the brain and the other from blood.CSF contains two glycan-isoforms; brain-type Tf and serum-type Tf. Glyca ...
- Nishizawa, Yoshiki, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Biological trace element research 2011 v.143 no.2 pp. 825-834
- aluminum; arsenic; beryllium; blood; boron; bromine; cadmium; chromium; cobalt; copper; dialysis; germanium; hemodialysis; iodine; iron; lead; lithium; magnesium; manganese; mercury; molybdenum; nickel; patients; selenium; spectroscopy; vanadium; zinc
- ... Trace element disturbance is often observed in hemodialysis patients. While trace element concentrations have been reported in blood samples from hemodialysis patients, they have not been well investigated in scalp hair. In the present study, 22 trace elemental concentrations were measured by inductively coupled plasma-atomic emission spectrometry in the scalp hair of 80 male hemodialysis patients ...