Jump to Main Content
- Marks, Florian, et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Acta tropica 2019 v.190 pp. 293-295
- EDTA (chelating agent); Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica; automation; bacteria; binding properties; blood; blood flow; blood sampling; loop-mediated isothermal amplification; oligodeoxyribonucleotides; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; tropics; typhoid fever
- ... Typhoid fever, caused by the bacterium Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Typhi, is an important cause of blood stream infections in the tropics, for which easy-to-apply molecular diagnostic approaches are desirable. The diagnostic performance of a newly introduced and a previously described loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) approach using different primer sets on a Genie II M ...
- Marks, Florian, et al. Show all 24 Authors
- Acta tropica 2017
- Amblyomma variegatum; Borrelia theileri; DNA; Leptospira; Rhipicephalus microplus; blood; blood sampling; cattle; disease transmission; fever; genetic distance; highlands; humans; leptospirosis; pathogens; patients; phylogeny; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; ticks; zebu; Madagascar
- ... The occurrence of tick-borne relapsing fever and leptospirosis in humans in Madagascar remains unclear despite the presence of their potential vectors and reservoir hosts.We screened 255 Amblyomma variegatum ticks and 148 Rhipicephalus microplus ticks from Zebu cattle in Madagascar for Borrelia-specific DNA. Borrelia spp. DNA was detected in 21 Amblyomma variegatum ticks and 2 Rhipicephalus microp ...