Jump to Main Content
- Edna S. Costa; Carolina N. França; Francisco A. H. Fonseca; Juliana T. Kato; Henrique T. Bianco; Thiago T. Freitas; Henrique A. R. Fonseca; Antonio Martins Figueiredo Neto; Maria Cristina Izar
- British journal of nutrition 2019 v.121 no.12 pp. 1365-1375
- amylases; bananas; biomass; blood glucose; body composition; body mass index; body weight; diastolic blood pressure; fasting; food intake; gastric emptying; glucose; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; hip circumference; homeostasis; hydrolysis; insulin resistance; models; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nutritional support; patients; randomized clinical trials; resistant starch; risk; waist circumference
- ... Diabetes mellitus is a global epidemic, characterised as a heterogeneous group of metabolic disorders associated with high risk of CVD. Green banana biomass, which is composed of resistant starches (RS) and cannot be hydrolysed by amylases, delays gastric emptying and modulates insulin sensitivity, thus contributing to improve metabolic disorders. The aim of the present study was to investigate th ...
- Naomi Kashima; Kanako Kimura; Natsumi Nishitani; Masako Yamaoka Endo; Yoshiyuki Fukuba; Hideaki Kashima
- Nutrients 2020 v.12 no.5 pp. -
- Gymnema sylvestre; bananas; blood glucose; gastric emptying; glycemic effect; humans; hunger; ingestion; insulin; mouth; muffins; nutrients; physiological response; sweetness; taste; water; women; yogurt
- ... Suppression of oral sweet sensation (OSS) acutely reduces intake of sweet-tasting food due to lower liking. However, little is known about other physiological responses during both the prandial and postprandial phase. Here, we explored the effects of Gymnema sylvestre (GS)-based suppression of OSS of several types of sweet-tasting food (muffin, sweet yogurt, banana) on gastric emptying, blood gluc ...