Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Su-juan, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2014 v.151 no.1 pp. 675-685
- Astragalus membranaceus; Coptis chinensis; Lonicera japonica; acetyl-CoA carboxylase; animal disease models; blood glucose; blood lipids; blood serum; cholesterol; diabetes; glucose; glucose tolerance; glycemic effect; glycogen; glyconeogenesis; high fat diet; homeostasis; insulin; insulin resistance; lipid metabolism; liver; metformin; mice; obesity; signal transduction; traditional medicine
- ... Refined-JQ (JQ-R) is a mixture of refined extracts from three major herbal components of JinQi-JiangTang tablet: Coptis chinensis (Ranunculaceae), Astragalus membranaceus (Leguminosae), and Lonicera japonica (Caprifoliaceae). Our previous studies have indicated that JQ-R could decrease fasting blood glucose levels in diabetic mice and insulin resistance mice. Investigating the hypoglycemic effect ...
- Sun, Su-juan, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Peptides 2013 v.40 pp. 123-132
- Western blotting; agonists; amino acid substitution; apoptosis; blood glucose; caspase-3; caspase-9; fasting; gene expression regulation; glucagon-like peptide 1; glucose; insulin secretion; islets of Langerhans; mice; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; triacylglycerols
- ... EXf is a C-terminally truncated fragment of Exendin-4 with two amino acid substitutions. Previous studies showed that EXf controls plasma glucose level acting as a glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of EXf on β-cell function and survival in diabetic KKAy mice. EXf treatment significantly improved the glucose intolerance and reduc ...