Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Su-juan, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2014 v.151 no.1 pp. 675-685
- Astragalus membranaceus; Coptis chinensis; Lonicera japonica; acetyl-CoA carboxylase; animal disease models; blood glucose; blood lipids; blood serum; cholesterol; diabetes; glucose; glucose tolerance; glycemic effect; glycogen; glyconeogenesis; high fat diet; homeostasis; insulin; insulin resistance; lipid metabolism; liver; metformin; mice; obesity; signal transduction; traditional medicine
- ... Refined-JQ (JQ-R) is a mixture of refined extracts from three major herbal components of JinQi-JiangTang tablet: Coptis chinensis (Ranunculaceae), Astragalus membranaceus (Leguminosae), and Lonicera japonica (Caprifoliaceae). Our previous studies have indicated that JQ-R could decrease fasting blood glucose levels in diabetic mice and insulin resistance mice. Investigating the hypoglycemic effect ...
- Sun, Su-juan, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Peptides 2013 v.40 pp. 123-132
- Western blotting; agonists; amino acid substitution; apoptosis; blood glucose; caspase-3; caspase-9; fasting; gene expression regulation; glucagon-like peptide 1; glucose; insulin secretion; islets of Langerhans; mice; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; triacylglycerols
- ... EXf is a C-terminally truncated fragment of Exendin-4 with two amino acid substitutions. Previous studies showed that EXf controls plasma glucose level acting as a glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of EXf on β-cell function and survival in diabetic KKAy mice. EXf treatment significantly improved the glucose intolerance and reduc ...
- Sun, Su-Yun, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Nutrition & metabolism 2011 v.8 no.1 pp. 362
- C-reactive protein; albumins; blood glucose; blood lipids; body mass index; cholesterol; diastolic blood pressure; disease prevention; insulin; logit analysis; metabolomics; omnivores; risk; risk factors; systolic blood pressure; triacylglycerols; uric acid; vegetarian diet
- ... OBJECTIVE: Many studies have shown that vegetarian diet has beneficial effects on the prevention of cardiovascular diseases. However, the effect of vegetarian diet on carotid intima-media thickness (IMT), as well as the association between IMT and duration of vegetarian diet, are still unclear. The present study aims to investigate the influence of duration of vegetarian diet on cardiovascular ris ...
- PubMed Central: