Jump to Main Content
- Menchetti, Laura, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2018 v.53 no.6 pp. 1483-1490
- antiserum; artificial insemination; blood; blood sampling; buffaloes; calving; cows; glycoproteins; goats; herds; placenta; postpartum period; pregnancy; radioimmunoassays; ultrasonography
- ... This is the first time that PAG determination using two different antisera raised against PAG molecules purified from both caprine (RIA‐706) and bubaline placentas (RIA‐860) is reported in water buffalo. Ninety‐eight buffalo cows, belonging to a buffalo herd subjected to a synchronization and artificial insemination (AI) programme, were enrolled in this study. Blood samples were taken on days 0 (A ...
- Menchetti, Laura, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Theriogenology 2018 v.107 pp. 162-174
- Gram-negative bacteria; Toll-like receptor 4; animal models; antimicrobial peptides; blood sampling; chemokines; domestic animals; epithelial cells; females; gene expression; genes; histology; humans; inflammation; innate immunity; interleukin-1beta; lipopolysaccharides; messenger RNA; oviducts; protein synthesis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rabbits; reproductive performance; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; secretion; sodium chloride; staining; stromal cells; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; uterus
- ... Inflammation of the uterus and oviduct is associated with reduced reproductive performance in humans and domestic animals. Toll-like receptors are expressed in various immune and non-immune cells and play a crucial role in innate immunity. Toll-like receptor – 4 (TLR4) can detect lipopolysaccharide (LPS) from Gram-negative bacteria leading to the secretion of pro-inflammatory cytokines, chemokines ...