Jump to Main Content
- Woodside, J. V., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- The journal of nutrition, health & aging 2018 v.22 no.7 pp. 751-758
- French fries; arterioles; body mass index; computer software; coronary disease; cross-sectional studies; diabetes mellitus; eating habits; eyes; fatty fish; food frequency questionnaires; food intake; fruits; high fat dairy products; hypertension; lifestyle; principal component analysis; protocols; regression analysis; risk; stroke; sugars; sweets; vegetables; women
- ... BACKGROUND: Retinal vessel abnormalities are associated with cardiovascular disease risk. Widening of retinal venules is associated with increased risk of stroke while narrowing of retinal arterioles independently predicts incident hypertension, coronary heart disease and diabetes. Dietary factors are known to play an important role in cardiovascular health. However, few studies have examined the ...
- Woodside, J. V., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- European journal of nutrition 2013 v.52 no.5 pp. 1493-1501
- antioxidants; blood sampling; body mass index; chronic diseases; education; elderly; gender; lifestyle; medical history; multivariate analysis; questionnaires; risk; variance; vitamin A; zeaxanthin; Europe
- ... PURPOSE: To report on plasma/serum levels of antioxidant vitamin and carotenoids in older adults resident in multiple countries in Europe and examine relationships with potential modifiers. METHODS: Population-based cross-sectional European Eye Study in 7 centres from northern to southern Europe. In total, 4,133 participants aged 65 years or over, collected by random sampling, were recruited. Ques ...