Jump to Main Content
- Bass, Arthur L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ecology of freshwater fish 2014 v.23 no.2 pp. 149-160
- Thymallus; acoustics; adults; body size; evolution; fish; foraging; habitats; home range; ice; lakes; seasonal variation; summer; telemetry; winter
- ... Knowledge of the horizontal and vertical distribution and habitat use of fish in lakes provides insights into the ecology, evolution and conservation of a species. Using high‐resolution, high‐frequency sampling, we provide an account of the distribution and movements of adult European grayling, Thymallus thymallus, in a recently colonised subarctic lake. We evaluated summer home range size, daily ...
- Bass, Arthur L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The journal of animal ecology 2016 v.85 no.4 pp. 948-959
- Oncorhynchus nerka; acoustics; body size; juveniles; landscapes; migratory behavior; predation; predators; risk; risk groups; rivers; salmon; smolts; telemetry
- ... Animal migrations are costly and are often characterized by high predation risk for individuals. Three of the most oft‐assumed mechanisms for reducing risk for migrants are swamping predators with high densities, specific timing of migrations and increased body size. Assessing the relative importance of these mechanisms in reducing predation risk particularly for migrants is generally lacking due ...