Jump to Main Content
- Gökdal, Özdal, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Tropical animal health and production 2012 v.44 no.7 pp. 1491-1496
- body weight; breeds; carcass quality; carcass weight; diet; dressing percentage; feed conversion; finishing; lamb carcasses; lambs; lipid content; lipids; liveweight gain; loins; longissimus muscle; meat; meat composition; meat quality; neck; pH; protein content; shoulders; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; water content
- ... The objective of this study was to determine the fattening performance and carcass and meat quality characteristics of Kivircik twin male lambs. Twelve lambs at approximately 5 months of age were subjected to a finishing diet for 60 days. Average live weight of lambs at the beginning and the end of the fattening were 23.14 ± 0.84 and 39.0 ± 1.01 kg, respectively. Daily live weight gain and feed co ...
- Gökdal, Ozdal, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Tropical animal health and production 2012 v.44 no.3 pp. 545-550
- body length; body weight; bucks; chest; fecundity; genetic resources; goats; lactation; least squares; litter size; milk yield; parturition; withers; Turkey (country)
- ... Productive characteristics and body measurements of Norduz goats, a native genetic resource in Turkey, were measured. The animals studied were brought from natural habitats to the farm of the Animal Science Department of Agricultural Faculty, Yüzüncü Yıl University. Least squares means of withers height (WH), body length (BL), chest width at back of withers (CWBW), chest depth (CD), chest girth (C ...