Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: joung?
- Ritvanen, Jouni, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Energy 2017
- boilers; combustion; computer simulation; data collection; energy efficiency; environmental law; fluidized beds; furnaces; hybrids; models
- ... The primary goal when designing a CFB boiler is to ensure its high energy efficiency. Additional constraints come from environmental regulations, which are constantly becoming more difficult to assess, and require improvements in the boiler design process. Local on-site measurements are often restricted to short distances inward from the furnace wall, leaving most of the core unmeasured. Computer ...
- Ritvanen, Jouni, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy conversion and management 2014 v.87 pp. 483-494
- boilers; carbon dioxide; coal; combustion; cupric oxide; exergy; fluidized beds; greenhouse gases; heat; hydrodynamics; inventories; oxygen; temperature
- ... Chemical looping with oxygen uncoupling (CLOU) is a promising concept for efficient combustion of solid fuels with an inherent capture of the greenhouse gas CO2. This paper presents a CLOU process scheme with stoichiometric mass, energy, and exergy balances. A CLOU reactor system using medium volatile bituminous coal as fuel and silica-supported CuO as an oxygen carrier is analyzed. The analysis i ...