Jump to Main Content
- Kirsten N. Bott; Sandra M. Sacco; Patrick C. Turnbull; Amanda B. Longo; Wendy E. Ward; Sandra J. Peters
- Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism 2016 v.41 no.6 pp. 597-604
- bone density; bone strength; dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry; food intake; males; mandible (bone); mastication; materials testing; metabolism; micro-computed tomography; rats; skeleton; tibia; vertebrae
- ... Bone microarchitecture, bone mineral density (BMD), and bone strength are affected positively by impact activities such as running; however, there are discrepancies in the magnitude of these effects. These inconsistencies are mainly a result of varying training protocols, analysis techniques, and whether or not the skeletal sites measured are weight bearing. This study’s purpose was to determine t ...
- Sharir, A.; Barak, M.M.; Shahar, R.
- Veterinary journal 2008 v.177 no.1 pp. 8-17
- microstructure; mathematical models; animals; torsional strength; dynamic testing; bending strength; static testing; bones; materials testing; osteoporosis; measurement; bone strength; stress tolerance
- ... The mechanical behaviour of material bone can be completely described by a group of material properties. The mechanical behaviour of the entire bone organ, however, is much more difficult to predict; it is the result both of the properties of the material of which it is made, and of the geometric spatial architecture in which this is arranged. This review first describes material bone in terms of ...