Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: susan?
- Som, Suman, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2017 v.409 no.1 pp. 193-200
- Helicobacter pylori; breath tests; carbon dioxide; cost effectiveness; duodenal ulcers; enzyme activity; gastric juice; humans; indigestion; ingestion; juices; oral administration; pathogenesis; pathogens; stable isotopes; urea; urease
- ... The ¹³C-urea breath test (¹³C-UBT), developed a few decades ago, is widely used as a non-invasive diagnostic method to detect only the presence of the gastric pathogen Helicobacter pylori infection; however, the actual disease state, i.e. whether the person harbouring H. pylori has peptic ulcer disease (PUD) or non-ulcerous dyspepsia (NUD), is still poorly understood. Nevertheless, the present ¹³C ...
- Som, Suman, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2014 v.406 no.22 pp. 5405-5412
- Helicobacter pylori; biopsy; breath tests; carbon dioxide; diagnostic sensitivity; endoscopy; excretion; gas production (biological); hydrolysis; patients; risk; screening; spectroscopy; urea
- ... We report for the first time the excretion kinetics of the percentage dose of ¹³C recovered/h (¹³C-PDR %/h) and cumulative PDR, i.e. c-PDR (%) to accomplish the highest diagnostic accuracy of the ¹³C-urea breath test (¹³C-UBT) for the detection of Helicobacter pylori infection without any risk of diagnostic errors using an optical cavity-enhanced integrated cavity output spectroscopy (ICOS) method ...