Jump to Main Content
- Todd, James, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Sugar tech 2018 v.20 no.4 pp. 407-419
- breeding programs; computer software; crop year; crops; cultivars; genotype; genotype-environment interaction; soil types; statistical analysis; sugarcane; sugars; Louisiana
- ... Genotype by environment (G × E) interactions complicate genotype selection in breeding programs. In south Louisiana, sugarcane is cultivated under a wide range of environments including soil types and cultural management practices. To evaluate experimental genotypes in different environments, the variety development program places experimental varieties in cooperator’s fields across the sugarcane ...
- Todd, James R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plos One 2017 v.12 no.8
- Agricultural Research Service; NPK fertilizers; Saccharum officinarum; breeding programs; cultivars; fertilizer application; flowering; growing media; inflorescences; nitrogen; photoperiod; plant nutrition; soil fertility; starvation; sugarcane; Louisiana
- ... The USDA-ARS Sugarcane Variety Development Program in Houma, LA aims to maximize the number of panicles available for crossing through artificial manipulation of the environment. In a three-year study, the effect of growing media, fertilizer treatment, and their interaction on sugarcane flowering (% of panicles emerged), and number of days to flowering (DTF) under an artificial photoperiod treatme ...
- PubMed Central: