Jump to Main Content
- Todd, James, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.130 pp. 598-605
- C4 plants; Saccharum; bioethanol; breeding; breeding programs; cell walls; cellulose; cultivars; energy efficiency; ethanol production; feedstocks; genes; genetic markers; genome-wide association study; genomics; germplasm; hemicellulose; lignin; lignocellulose; loci; polyploidy; sugarcane
- ... Evaluation of fiber composition and dissection of underling loci in sugarcane are critical for breeding sugarcane cultivars for bio-ethanol production. The energy crisis of the 1970s spurred the exploration of renewable energy. As an energy-efficient C4 plant, sugarcane (Saccharum spp.) is an important feedstock for producing bio-ethanol, contributing approximately 60% bio-ethanol globally. Cell w ...
- Todd, James, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Sugar tech 2018 v.20 no.4 pp. 407-419
- breeding programs; computer software; crop year; crops; cultivars; genotype; genotype-environment interaction; soil types; statistical analysis; sugarcane; sugars; Louisiana
- ... Genotype by environment (G × E) interactions complicate genotype selection in breeding programs. In south Louisiana, sugarcane is cultivated under a wide range of environments including soil types and cultural management practices. To evaluate experimental genotypes in different environments, the variety development program places experimental varieties in cooperator’s fields across the sugarcane ...