Jump to Main Content
- Hussain, Rashid; Younis, Adnan; Riaz, Atif; Tariq, Usman; Ali, Saif; Ali, Ahmad; Raza, Sajad
- International journal of recycling of organics waste in agriculture 2017 v.6 no.1 pp. 13-21
- Caladium bicolor, etc ; animal manures; bulbs; chlorophyll; coconuts; leaf area; mineral content; nutrient uptake; organic matter; pH; perlite; plant height; potting mix; protein content; silt; sprouting; tubers; vegetative growth; yard waste composts; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... PURPOSE: Effect of various combinations of potting substrates was assessed to enhance vegetative growth, plant productivity and mineral composition of Caladium bicolor. METHODS: Different substrates like leaf compost, farmyard manure, coconut compost, compost and perlite were used in different combinations with silt. Bulbs were sown in pots filled with different combinations of potting substrates, ...
- van Andel, Tinde; Ruysschaert, Sofie; Boven, Karin; Daly, Lewis
- Journal of ethnobiology and ethnomedicine 2015 v.11 no.1 pp. 66
- Caladium bicolor, etc ; American Indians; animal behavior; asexual reproduction; bulbs; color; game animals; herbaria; humans; indigenous knowledge; politics; products and commodities; rhizomes; t-test; tubers; villages; wild plants; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Magical charm plants to ensure good luck in hunting, fishing, agriculture, love and warfare are known among many Amerindians groups in the Guianas. Documented by anthropologists as social and political markers and exchangeable commodities, these charms have received little attention by ethnobotanists, as they are surrounded by secrecy and are difficult to identify. We compared the use ...
- PubMed Central: