Jump to Main Content
- Pintado, Maria M, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.3 pp. 1250-1257
- Aspergillus niger; byproducts; flour; grape pomace; grape pomace extracts; sodium hydroxide; solvents; sulfuric acid; xylanases; xylooligosaccharides
- ... BACKGROUND: The aim of this work was to determine the most favorable conditions for the production of xylooligosaccharides (XOS) from Brazilian Syrah grape pomace. Chemical processes were performed using a rotatable central composite design where the concentration of sulfuric acid or sodium hydroxide and the grape pomace flour/solvent mass ratio were the dependent variables. Enzymatic production w ...
- Pintado, Maria M. E., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Annals of microbiology 2017 v.67 no.1 pp. 123-133
- Bacillus cereus; Escherichia coli; Lactobacillus fermentum; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella Enteritidis; Staphylococcus aureus; Yersinia enterocolitica; antibacterial properties; bacteriocins; bile salts; byproducts; cassava; cassava flour; dough; effluents; lactic acid bacteria; pH; pathogens; probiotics; ribosomal DNA; screening
- ... Bacterial strains were isolated from cassava-derived food products and, for the first time, from cassava by-products, with a focus on gari, a flour-like product, and the effluents from the production processes for gari and fufu (a dough also made from cassava flour). A total of 47 strains were isolated, all of which were tested to determine their resistance to acidic pH and to bile salt environmen ...