Jump to Main Content
- Christie, Peter, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2020 v.260 pp. 114017
- Collembola; Enchytraeidae; Nematoda; animals; bacterivores; bioaccumulation factor; biosolids; body length; cadmium; copper; long term effects; long term experiments; pollutants; sewage sludge; soil; soil ecosystems; soil fauna; soil fertility; soil nutrients; soil quality; tissues; toxic substances; zinc
- ... Amendment with sewage sludge or biosolids can increase soil fertility but may also transfer biosolid-borne pollutants to the soil and the possible effects on the soil ecosystem are poorly understood, especially long-term effects. A long-term experiment was therefore established to assess the effects of repeated applications of different types of biosolids (fresh domestic, dried domestic and fresh ...
- CHRISTIE, Peter, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Pedosphere 2017 v.27 no.3 pp. 491-501
- Folsomia candida; Isotoma; Onychiurus; agricultural soils; animals; cadmium; cleaning; defecation; detection limit; digestion; heavy metals; temperature; tissues; ultrasonics
- ... Highly precise and reliable determination of heavy metals in soil micro-arthropod tissues remains a challenge because of the small size of the animals and their typical low abundance in metal-contaminated agricultural soils. The present study sought to develop a method for cadmium (Cd) determination in soil micro-arthropods by optimizing the sample digestion procedure, reducing sample weight, modi ...