Jump to Main Content
- Strobel, Bjarne W., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Acta agriculturæ Scandinavica 2011 v.61 no.6 pp. 577-581
- EDTA (chelating agent); cadmium; calcareous soils; cleaning; cleaning agents; copper; heavy metals; humic substances; lead; nickel; nitrilotriacetic acid; polluted soils; toxicity; washing
- ... Soils contaminated with heavy metals constitute a serious and widespread ecological problem but to clean such soils requires strong chemicals such as polycarboxylates; frequently ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid and nitrilotriacetic acid are used. However, these compounds are synthetic and toxic and their replacement by natural products such as soluble humic substances as washing agents for cleanin ...
- Strobel, Bjarne W., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of environmental quality 2002 v.31 no.6 pp. 1901-1909
- Hapludalfs; Kandiustults; cadmium; copper; desorption; heavy metals; leaching; lead; pH; protons; soil properties
- ... The pH-dependent release of cadmium, copper, and lead from soil materials was studied by use of a stirred flow cell to quantify their release and release rates, and to evaluate the method as a test for the bonding strength and potential mobility of heavy metals in soils. Soil materials from sludge-amended and nonamended A horizons from a Thai coarse-textured Kandiustult and a Danish loamy Hapludal ...
- Strobel, Bjarne W., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Geoderma 2019 v.343 pp. 235-246
- EDTA (chelating agent); aluminum oxide; arsenic; cadmium; cations; chromium; cobalt; composting; copper; dissolved organic matter; ecological footprint; economic analysis; environmental factors; food waste; fulvic acids; guidelines; heavy metals; human health; lead; ligands; microbial activity; moieties; nickel; pH; phytoaccumulation; pollutants; polluted soils; salicylic acids; soil pollution; soil remediation; soil structure; soil washing; solubility; sorbents; vanadium; zinc
- ... Pollution of soils with As, Cd, Co, Cr, Cu, Ni, Pb and Zn, collectively termed heavy metals (HMs), can threaten human health and ecosystem functioning. Therefore, polluted soils must be remediated. Soil washing of strongly polluted soils and phytoextraction on moderately polluted sites seem currently the most attractive remediation methods. Both methods depend on HM solubility (extractability), wh ...