Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: ester?
- Vozáry, Eszter, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2018 v.169 pp. 226-232
- apoplast; biomass; cadmium; cell membranes; corn; crop-weed competition; dielectric properties; drought; electric current; electric impedance; electrodes; endodermis; lignin; monitoring; physicochemical properties; plant development; plant response; root systems; roots; shoots; soybeans; stress response; suberin; symplast; wheat
- ... This study aimed to demonstrate that single-frequency (1 kHz) measurement of impedance phase angle (Φ) in root–soil systems is suitable for monitoring plant responses to environmental stresses. Potted wheat, soybean and maize plants were exposed to cadmium contamination, alkaline stress, drought or weed competition. Φ was detected at regular intervals between a ground and a plant electrode during ...
- Vozáry, Eszter, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.65 no.1-2 pp. 95-102
- plant tissues; peas; cell walls; heavy metals; seedlings; electrodes; cadmium; capacitance; hypoxia; roots
- ... Electrical impedance measurement - complex resistance in the presence of alternating current - is a useful tool for the investigation of structural characteristics of solid materials but also for plant tissues. This measurement is easily done: only two electrodes are inserted into the plant tissue, so it can be considered as a non-invasive technique and it may be a successful method for detecting ...