Jump to Main Content
- Jian, Huimin, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2016 v.103 no.1-2 pp. 159-167
- aquatic organisms; cadmium; chromium; copper; estuaries; heavy metals; iron; lead; manganese; organic matter; particle size; particulates; pollutants; salinity; suspended sediment; water pollution; weathering; zinc
- ... Suspended particulate matter (SPM) samples were collected along a salinity gradient in the Changjiang Estuary in June 2011. A custom-built water elutriation apparatus was used to separate the suspended sediments into five size fractions. The results indicated that Cr and Pb originated from natural weathering processes, whereas Cu, Zn, and Cd originated from other sources. The distribution of most ...
- Jian, Huimin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2017 v.119 no.1 pp. 381-389
- sediments; risk; copper; iron oxides; lead; arsenic; mercury; zinc; cadmium; regression analysis; risk assessment; pollution; nickel; industrialization; toxicity; chromium; urbanization; Yellow Sea; China
- ... The Bohai Sea (BS) and Yellow Sea (YS), which are adjacent to the most urbanized and industrialized areas in China, are facing a variety of environmental problems. Two cruises were conducted to investigate the pollution status of toxic metals in BS and YS sediments. They generally presented a decreasing trend from near shore to offshore. In addition, two high concentration areas were observed in t ...