Jump to Main Content
- Kamogawa, Marcos Yassuo, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2018 v.190 no.6 pp. 345
- Entisols; Gibbs free energy; Mollisols; Oxisols; cadmium; calcium chloride; correlation; desorption; fractionation; soil colloids; soil nutrient dynamics; sorption isotherms; t-test; tropical soils; variable charge
- ... The availability of cadmium (Cd) for plants and its impact in the environment depends on Cd sorption in soil colloids. The study of Cd sorption in soil and its fractionation is an interesting tool for the evaluation of Cd affinity with soil pools. The objective with this study was to evaluate Cd sorption and desorption in tropical soils with variable charge (three Oxisols), in a Mollisol and in tw ...
- Kamogawa, Marcos Yassuo, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of microbiological methods 2019 v.161 pp. 43-46
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; bakers yeast; cadmium; dimethyl sulfoxide; enzyme activity; fipronil; toxic substances; toxicity; toxicity testing; water pollution
- ... A simple generic toxicity method (test) is proposed using baker's yeast to mediate the reduction of the colourless triphenyltetrazolium chloride (TTC) to red, 1,3,5-triphenyl formazan, which can be extracted by dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO), enabling the identification of reducible toxic compounds (e.g. cadmium, fipronil) in water for consumption. ...