Jump to Main Content
- Ferreira, Marcus Vinícius S., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2018 v.49 pp. 378-383
- Lactobacillus casei; Rattus; abdominal cavity; animal models; animals; blood serum; calcium; calcium oxalate; cheeses; creatinine; dairy consumption; excretion; functional foods; magnesium; males; pH; pellets; potassium; probiotics; radiography; renal calculi; sodium; therapeutics; urea; urinalysis
- ... The effect of probiotic Prato cheese containing Lactobacillus casei 01 (7–8 log CFU/g) on urolithiasis was evaluated. Twenty-four male Rattus novergicus, Wistar line (8 weeks old), with surgical implant of calcium oxalate tablets (CaOx) were used. The animals were organized into four groups (n = 6) randomly divided into: Naive Control (NC); Control of calcium oxalate (CaOx-C); Calcium oxalate with ...
- Ferreira, Marcus Vinicius S., et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Food research international 2018 v.108 pp. 18-26
- acetic acid; calcium; cheeses; chromium; citric acid; conjugated linoleic acid; copper; ethanol; fatty acid composition; iron; lactic acid; magnesium; manganese; manufacturing; mineral content; minerals; nutritive value; physicochemical properties; potassium; proteins; sodium; surveys; volatile compounds; zinc
- ... Chemical characteristics, mineral levels (Ca, Fe, K, Mg, Na, Zn, Cr, Cu, and Mn), fatty acid profile and volatile compounds of typically Brazilian cheeses (Minas Frescal, Minas Padrão, Prato and Coalho, n = 200, equally distributed) were investigated. The cheeses have proven to be a source of Ca, Cu and Zn (>15% RDI/30 g), with low atherogenic and thrombogenic indices, with ethanol as the main alc ...