Jump to Main Content
- Schaffer, David V., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of virological methods 2017
- Adenoviridae; Dependovirus; Human immunodeficiency virus 1; T-lymphocytes; capsid; directed evolution; genetic vectors; genome; mutants; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; viruses
- ... A directed evolution approach was used to select for Adeno-associated virus (AAV) capsids that would exhibit more tropism toward an HIV-1 producer T cell line with the long-term goal of developing improved gene transfer vectors. A library of AAV variants was used to infect H9T cells previously infected or uninfected by HIV-1 followed by AAV amplification with wild-type adenovirus. Six rounds of bi ...
- Schaffer, David, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Current opinion in biotechnology 2019 v.60 pp. 99-103
- Dependoparvovirus; antibodies; capsid; engineering; gene therapy; immune response; lymphocytes; viruses
- ... Gene therapy is progressively emerging as a promising and powerful therapeutic modality, and adeno-associated virus (AAV) is a major delivery vehicle for such therapies. Among the most significant challenges that limit AAV’s utility, however, is the immune response it elicits. Antibodies elicited by prior exposure to natural virus or vector can bind to an AAV vector, preventing it from entering th ...