Jump to Main Content
- Liu, X.; Monger, H. C.; Whitford, W. G.
- Biogeochemistry 2007 v.82 no.3 pp. 241-250
- C3 plants, etc ; C4 plants; Isoptera; X-radiation; X-ray diffraction; biomineralization; calcite; calcium carbonate; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; digestive system; methane production; opal; organic matter; scanning electron microscopy; semiarid soils; stable isotopes; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Termites and soil calcium carbonate are major factors in the global carbon cycle: termites by their role in decomposition of organic matter and methane production, and soil calcium carbonate by its storage of atmospheric carbon dioxide. In arid and semiarid soils, these two factors potentially come together by means of biomineralization of calcium carbonate by termites. In this study, we evaluated ...
- Ma, Jiao; Wang, Yuan; Jin, Changzhu; Yan, Yaling; Qu, Yating; Hu, Yaowu
- Quaternary international 2017 v.443 pp. 160-167
- C3 plants, etc ; C4 plants; Elephas maximus; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; carbon; ecology; evolution; fauna; foods; foraging; mammals; oxygen; seasonal variation; stable isotopes; teeth; vegetation; China; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Currently, knowledge of dietary preferences throughout the evolutionary history of the Asian elephant Elephas maximus is ambiguous due to the absence of quantified proxy from the Late Pleistocene. In this study, carbon and oxygen stable isotope analysis on the fossilized mammal teeth from the faunal assemblage recovered at Baxian Cave in Guangxi, South China was undertaken in order to reconstruct ...