Jump to Main Content
- Holden, Nicholas M., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental science & policy 2019 v.101 pp. 38-45
- European Union; acidification; carbon; carbon footprint; case studies; climate change; dairy farming; economic sustainability; environmental impact; environmental law; eutrophication; farm management; farmers; farms; food production; grazing; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; herds; inventories; laws and regulations; milk; nitrates; policy analysis; qualitative analysis; stakeholders; surface water; water quality; Ireland
- ... The dairy sector in Ireland is in potential conflict with environmental regulations due to the abolition of European Union dairy quotas and domestic agricultural expansion policy. The ‘Dairy Carbon Navigator’ aims to help Irish farmers reduce the carbon footprint of their milk and enhance economic viability by suggesting actions that could be taken to reduce carbon footprint. The tool is a nationa ...
- Apergis, Nicholas, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ecological economics 2013 v.88 pp. 57-66
- European Union; accounting; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide production; emissions; manufacturing; models; research and development; France; Germany; United Kingdom
- ... This study examines the impact of research and development (R&D) expenditures on carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions prior to and under the mandatory adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards at the firm level within the manufacturing sectors of three European countries, i.e. Germany, France and the U.K. Estimation of a threshold autoregressive model using quarterly data from 1998 to 2011 ...