Jump to Main Content
- Yuan, Jiayin, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Current opinion in colloid & interface science 2014 v.19 no.2 pp. 76-83
- carbon; catalytic activity; chemical structure; colloids; composite polymers; electrolytes; ionic liquids; micelles; nanocomposites; nanoparticles; physical properties; sorption
- ... In recent years a subclass of polyelectrolytes named poly(ionic liquid)s (PILs) have attracted intensive interest in the field of polymer and materials science due to some of their unusual physical properties, compared to traditional polyelectrolytes. They are characterized as multifunctional polyelectrolytes in a wide application spectrum, such as solid ion conductor, separation, sorption, cataly ...
- Yuan, Jiayin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- RSC advances 2015 v.5 no.104 pp. 85517-85522
- carbon; cathodes; chemical structure; electrochemistry; energy; ionic liquids; lithium; lithium batteries; models
- ... A series of poly(ionic liquid)s (PILs) were used as binders for lithium-ion battery (LIB) with a LiFePO₄ cathode to explore their role and benefits in a model electrochemical energy storage system. The PILs are imidazolium-based and bear different main chain structures and alkyl substituents. The results nicely show that PILs both improve the cycling stability and specific capacity. When carefully ...