Jump to Main Content
- Brunn, Melanie, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Zeitschrift für Pflanzenernährung und Bodenkunde 2017 v.180 no.6 pp. 643-647
- afforestation; carbon; cropland; organic matter; soil profiles; stable isotopes; topsoil
- ... Vertical gradients in stable carbon isotope ratios (δ¹³C) in soil profiles can serve to approximate decomposition of organic matter under field conditions. This study tested the time (0, 30, and ≥ 150 y) required for the development of vertical δ¹³C profiles in topsoil by comparing arable, afforested and continuously forested sites, and showed that three decades following afforestation of former c ...
- Brunn, Melanie, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biogeochemistry 2016 v.129 no.1-2 pp. 37-51
- biogeochemistry; carbon; chronosequences; dunes; ecosystems; fungi; linear models; mineral soils; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen fixation; plant response; rain forests; soil formation; sorption; stable isotopes; New Zealand
- ... Chronosequences can provide valuable insights into carbon (C) and nitrogen (N) dynamics across natural gradients with C and N stable isotopes serving as powerful tool investigating these dynamics. We studied changes in δ¹³C and δ¹⁵N values in litter, organic layer and mineral soil on dunes across the Haast chronosequence (New Zealand), which spans 120 to 2870 years of pedogenesis beneath a tempera ...