Jump to Main Content
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Global change biology 2017 v.23 no.9 pp. 3825-3837
- Copepoda; Nematoda; Platyhelminthes; algae; bacteria; beta-glucosidase; biofilm; carbon; carbon cycle; community structure; dissolved organic carbon; enzyme activity; global warming; night temperature; photosynthesis; rivers; sediments; solar radiation; streams; trophic levels
- ... Diel temperature patterns are changing because of global warming, with higher temperatures being predicted to be more pronounced at night. Biological reactions are temperature dependent, with some occurring only during the daylight hours (e.g., light photosynthesis) and other during the entire day (e.g., respiration). Consequently, we expect the modification of daily temperature cycles to alter mi ...
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2017 v.599-600 pp. 1802-1812
- carbon cycle; dissolved organic matter; drought; flooded conditions; floods; fluorescence; rivers; spatial variation
- ... Understanding DOM transport and reactivity in rivers is essential to having a complete picture of the global carbon cycle. In this study, we explore the effects of hydrological variability and downstream transport on dissolved organic matter (DOM) dynamics in a Mediterranean river. We sampled the main stem of the river Tordera from the source to the sea, over a range of fifteen hydrological condit ...