Jump to Main Content
- Edwards, Laura, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Climatic change 2018 v.146 no.1-2 pp. 19-32
- animal products; beef cattle; biodiversity; carbon dioxide; cattle production; climate; climate change; decision making; ecosystem services; grazing; growing season; learning; mixed-grass prairies; parasites; planning; production technology; rural areas; temperature; weather; Colorado; Great Plains region; Montana; North Dakota; South Dakota; Wyoming
- ... The Northern Great Plains (NGP) region of the USA—which comprises Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska—is a largely rural area that provides numerous ecosystem services, including livestock products, cultural services, and conservation of biological diversity. The region contains 25% of the Nation’s beef cattle and approximately one-third of the confined beef cattle ...
- Edwards, Laura A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2013 v.110 no.51 pp. E4960
- Calanus; acidification; adults; carbon dioxide; ecosystems; ice; migratory behavior; monitoring; nauplii; pH; prediction; surface water; winter; zooplankton; Arctic region
- ... The Arctic Ocean already experiences areas of low pH and high CO ₂, and it is expected to be most rapidly affected by future ocean acidification (OA). Copepods comprise the dominant Arctic zooplankton; hence, their responses to OA have important implications for Arctic ecosystems, yet there is little data on their current under-ice winter ecology on which to base future monitoring or make predicti ...
- PubMed Central: