Jump to Main Content
- Moreira, David, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental microbiology 2007 v.9 no.2 pp. 546-554
- Ciliophora; Dinophyceae; carbonates; cities; ecosystems; food webs; fungi; nucleotide sequences; parasites; ribosomal DNA; surveys
- ... Lost City is a unique off-axis hydrothermal vent field characterized by highly alkaline and relatively low-temperature fluids that harbours huge carbonate chimneys. We have carried out a molecular survey based on 18S rDNA sequences of the eukaryotic communities associated with fluid-seawater interfaces and with carbonates from venting areas and the chimney wall. Our study reveals a variety of line ...
- Moreira, David, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.30 pp. 10933-10938
- Thermosynechococcus elongatus; biomineralization; carbonates; cell division; cytoplasm; phylogeny
- ... Cyanobacteria have played a significant role in the formation of past and modern carbonate deposits at the surface of the Earth using a biomineralization process that has been almost systematically considered induced and extracellular. Recently, a deep-branching cyanobacterial species, Candidatus Gloeomargarita lithophora, was reported to form intracellular amorphous Ca-rich carbonates. However, t ...
- PubMed Central: