Jump to Main Content
- Nielsen, Jacob H., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2008 v.88 no.8 pp. 1431-1441
- dairy cows; fatty acid composition; milk composition; alpha-tocopherol; milk quality; milk production; seasonal variation; monounsaturated fatty acids; carotenoids; low input agriculture; saturated fatty acids; polyunsaturated fatty acids; conjugated linoleic acid; organic foods; organic production; antioxidants; United Kingdom
- ... BACKGROUND: Previous studies showed differences in fatty acid (FA) and antioxidant profiles between organic and conventional milk. However, they did not (a) investigate seasonal differences, (b) include non-organic, low-input systems or (c) compare individual carotenoids, stereoisomers of α-tocopherol or isomers of conjugated linoleic acid. This survey-based study compares milk from three producti ...
- Nielsen, Jacob H, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2012 v.92 no.14 pp. 2891-2898
- Trifolium pratense; Trifolium repens; carotenoids; conjugated linoleic acid; dairy cows; fatty acid composition; feeds; forage; linolenic acid; lipid content; milk; milk fat; milk production; milk quality; multivariate analysis; sward
- ... BACKGROUND: The aim of the present work was to study to what extent grazing large amounts of white clover (WCL), red clover (RCL), lucerne (LUC) or chicory (CHI) was suitable for production of bovine milk with a high milk fat content of tocopherols, carotenoids, α‐linolenic acid and conjugated linoleic acid. RESULTS: WCL, RCL, LUC and CHI swards were established to investigate the influence of her ...