Jump to Main Content
- Rutz, Josiane K., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2017 v.220 pp. 59-66
- atomization; carotenoids; chitosan; freeze drying; gastric juice; gastrointestinal system; microencapsulation; microparticles; pectins; xanthan gum; yogurt
- ... This study aimed at microencapsulating palm oil, containing high carotenoid content, with chitosan/xanthan and chitosan/pectin, using the complex coacervation method, followed by atomization and lyophilization. The DSC technique was used to confirm the encapsulation. The atomized microparticles had spherical shape and irregular size, and the lyophilized microparticles had irregular shape and size. ...
- Rutz, Josiane K., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2013 v.98 no.2 pp. 1256-1265
- Eugenia uniflora; X-radiation; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; carotenoids; differential scanning calorimetry; hydrocolloids; juices; microencapsulation; phenolic compounds; xanthan gum
- ... The purple Brazilian cherry (Eugenia uniflora L.) juice was encapsulated in xanthan, tara and xanthan-tara hydrogel matrixes. Encapsulation efficiency, Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), X-ray diffractometry, release profile, stability of carotenoids, phenolic compounds and antioxidant activity of microparticles were evaluated. Encapsulation was confirmed. The highest encapsulation efficienc ...