Jump to Main Content
- Al-Batsh, Nibal; Al-Khatib, Issam A.; Ghannam, Subha; Anayah, Fathi; Jodeh, Shehdeh; Hanbali, Ghadir; Khalaf, Bayan; van der Valk, Michael
- Water 2019 v.11 no.3
- West Bank, etc ; World Health Organization; alkalinity; ammonium; case studies; chlorides; coliform bacteria; drinking; females; guidelines; households; nitrates; pH; public water supply; questionnaires; rain; rural communities; salinity; socioeconomics; surface area; temperature; total dissolved solids; turbidity; water hardness; water harvesting; watersheds; Palestine; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Yatta is a town located nine kilometers south of Hebron city in the West Bank of Palestine. The town houses over 100,000 people of which 49% are females and has a population that doubles every 15 years. Yatta has been connected to a water network since 1974 serving nearly 85% of its households. The water network is old and inadequate to meet the needs of the population. Water supply made available ...
- Malassa, Husam; Al-Rimawi, Fuad; Al-Khatib, Mahmoud; Al-Qutob, Mutaz
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2014 v.186 no.10 pp. 6985-6992
- West Bank, etc ; manganese; electrical conductivity; heavy metals; lead; mass spectrometry; cadmium; human health; case studies; drinking; cobalt; water quality; copper; total dissolved solids; temperature; drinking water; chromium; zinc; rain; pH; nickel; World Health Organization; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Rainwater samples harvested for drinking from the west part of Hebron (south of West Bank in Palestine), the largest city in the West Bank, were analyzed for the content of different trace heavy metals (Cr, Mn, Co, Ni, Cu, Zn, Mo, Ag, Cd, Bi, and Pb) by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS). This study was conducted to determine the water quality of harvested rainwater used for dri ...
- Khalaf, Adla; Donoghue, Daniel
- Journal of hydrology 2012 v.414-415 pp. 354-363
- West Bank, etc ; meteorological data; evapotranspiration; digital elevation models; groundwater recharge; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; surface area; geographic information systems; aquifers; time series analysis; rain; surface temperature; land cover; remote sensing; energy balance; case studies; reflectance; runoff; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Estimating groundwater recharge to the aquifer system is a very important element in assessing the water resources in regions of the world with poorly developed hydrological measurement stations such as the West Bank. Previous studies have developed analytical recharge models that are based on the long-term annual rainfall data. These models have been shown to be inadequate and changes over shorte ...