Jump to Main Content
- Jackson, Micha V., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Conservation biology 2016 v.30 no.6 pp. 1277-1287
- case studies; digital database; environmental monitoring; models; scientists; stakeholders; volunteers; Australia; Canada; Ethiopia; Ghana; Greenland; Vietnam
- ... Many argue that monitoring conducted exclusively by scientists is insufficient to address ongoing environmental challenges. One solution entails the use of mobile digital devices in participatory monitoring (PM) programs. But how digital data entry affects programs with varying levels of stakeholder participation, from nonscientists collecting field data to nonscientists administering every step o ...
- Jackson, Micha V., et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Reviews in fish biology and fisheries 2016 v.26 no.4 pp. 711-725
- aquatic ecosystems; case studies; cooperative research; ecosystem management; environmental management; interviews; monitoring; questionnaires; research programs; stakeholders; viability; wetlands; Western Australia
- ... Aquatic ecosystems are critical to the long-term viability and vibrancy of communities and economies across northern Australia. In a region that supports significant cultural and ecological water values, partnerships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous stakeholders can benefit aquatic ecosystem management. We present, as a case study from the Kimberley region of Western Australia, a collaborativ ...