Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: giani?
- Gaiani, C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2015 v.125 pp. 12-20
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; anhydrous milk fat; casein; colloids; lactose; lipids; mixing; nitrogen content; powders; scanning electron microscopy; whey protein
- ... The surface composition of dairy powders prepared by mixing various amounts of micellar casein (MC), whey proteins isolate (WPI), lactose, and anhydrous milk fat (AMF) was investigated by XPS measurements. The use of matrices are generally accepted to transform surface atomic composition (i.e., C, O, N contents) into surface component composition (i.e., lactose, proteins, lipids). These atomic-bas ...
- Gaiani, C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2011 v.25 no.5 pp. 983-990
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; adsorption; air temperature; casein; dried milk; spray drying; whey protein
- ... A non invasive method was developed to differentiate native whey proteins (NWI) and native micellar casein (NMC) at the surface of high protein milk powder. Surface analyses of the powders were performed by X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS). With this tool, it was impossible to differentiate casein and whey proteins by their C₁ₛ, O₁ₛ and N₁ₛ signature; the atomic percentage being similar. But ...