Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: giani?
- Gaiani, C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2009 v.94 no.2 pp. 130-134
- water content; dairy products; ingredients; casein; powdered foods; powders; food storage; food surfaces; surface active properties; water; sorption; microstructure; milk composition; ambient temperature; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; water activity; physicochemical properties; particle size distribution; sorption isotherms; whey; milk proteins; colloidal properties; lactose; milk fat; water binding capacity; shelf life
- ... Native phosphocaseinate (NPC) is an innovative dairy based ingredient. However, its storage induced lipids released onto the surface, which has repercussions on powder functional properties. In this study we have investigated the effect of storage on surface composition, water sorption properties and powder microstructure. The combination of these analytical methods has been used to enhance the un ...
- Gaiani, C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2011 v.94 no.1 pp. 14-23
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; calcium chloride; casein; denaturation; powders; rehydration; salt concentration; sodium chloride; turbidity; whey powder
- ... Rehydration of native micellar casein and native whey isolate protein powders was followed in different ionic environments. Solutions of NaCl and CaCl₂ in the concentration range of 0 to 12% (wt%) were used as rehydration media. The rehydration profiles obtained were interpreted in terms of wetting, swelling, and dispersion stages by using a turbidity method. Two behaviors were observed depending ...
- Gaiani, C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2015 v.125 pp. 12-20
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; anhydrous milk fat; casein; colloids; lactose; lipids; mixing; nitrogen content; powders; scanning electron microscopy; whey protein
- ... The surface composition of dairy powders prepared by mixing various amounts of micellar casein (MC), whey proteins isolate (WPI), lactose, and anhydrous milk fat (AMF) was investigated by XPS measurements. The use of matrices are generally accepted to transform surface atomic composition (i.e., C, O, N contents) into surface component composition (i.e., lactose, proteins, lipids). These atomic-bas ...