Jump to Main Content
- Michaela Zuckmantel; R. Kurth; H. P. Boehm
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.34 no.2 pp. 188-196
- ammonia; carbon; catalysts; catalytic activity; charcoal; chemical treatment; heat treatment; ions; oxidation; oxides
- ... Conductometric measurements of the catalytic oxydation of dilute aqueous sulfurous acid were used in the comparison of various carbon catalysts, e.g. active charcoals and carbon blacks. The oxidation rate is proportional to (Po₂) 1/2 and to the amount of adsorbed HSO₃- ions. Basic surface oxides are responsible for the HSO₃ -adsorption. The catalytic activity of a carbon is influenced also by othe ...
- Fábos Viktória; Lui Matthew Y.; Mui Yiu Fung; Wong Yuet Yan; Mika László T.; Qi Long; Cséfalvay Edit; Kovács Viktória; Szűcs Tibor; Horváth István T.
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2015 v.3 no.9 pp. 1899-1904
- ammonia; ammonium sulfate; catalysts; charcoal; dioxane; ethanol; formic acid; glass; lamps; levulinic acid; neutralization; odors; smoke; sulfuric acid; volatile organic compounds
- ... The sulfuric acid-catalyzed conversion of paper wastes in gamma-valerolactone (GVL) or dioxane leads to the formation of levulinic acid (LA) and formic acid (FA), which can be converted to GVL by transfer-hydrogenation using the Shvo catalyst in situ or separately. The isolation of LA and FA was assisted by the neutralization of the sulfuric acid with ammonia to form a biphasic system. While the a ...