Jump to Main Content
- DeSario, Paul A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2017 v.9 no.3 pp. 2387-2395
- anodes; carbon; catalysts; electrolytes; foil; oxygen; oxygen production; paper; silica; superoxide anion
- ... Using a solution-based, non−line-of sight synthesis, we electrolessly deposit ultrathin films of RuO₂ (“nanoskins”) on planar and 3D substrates and benchmark their activity and stability for oxygen-evolution reaction (OER) in acid electrolyte under device-relevant conditions. When an electrically contiguous ∼9 nm thick RuO₂ nanoskin is expressed on commercially available, insulating SiO₂ fiber pap ...
- DeSario, Paul A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Langmuir 2017 v.33 no.37 pp. 9444-9454
- aerogels; catalysts; electrochemistry; electrons; gold; hydrogen; nanogold; nanoparticles; photocatalysis; porous media; solar energy; spectroscopy; surface area; titanium dioxide
- ... We use plasmonic Au–TiO₂ aerogels as a platform in which to marry synthetically thickened particle–particle junctions in TiO₂ aerogel networks to Au∥TiO₂ interfaces and then investigate their cooperative influence on photocatalytic hydrogen (H₂) generation under both broadband (i.e., UV + visible light) and visible-only excitation. In doing so, we elucidate the dual functions that incorporated Au ...