Jump to Main Content
- Duan, Xuezhi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of catalysis 2017 v.356 pp. 186-196
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; activation energy; ammonia; catalysts; catalytic activity; cost effectiveness; dehydrogenation; durability; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; entropy; hydrogen production; platinum; ruthenium; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Increasing the utilization efficiency of noble metals by the synergy with less expensive metals is an important yet challenging issue in heterogeneous catalysis. Herein, exemplified with Pt-catalyzed hydrolytic dehydrogenation of ammonia borane, partial substitution of the Pt catalysts by over 11 times less expensive Ru is studied to obtain highly efficient and cost-effective Pt-based catalysts. I ...
- Duan, Xuezhi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemical communications 2014 v.50 no.17 pp. 2142-2144
- ammonia; catalysts; catalytic activity; dehydrogenation; hydrogen production; nanomaterials; oxidation; oxygen; particle size; texture
- ... We demonstrate an unprecedented H₂ generation activity in the hydrolytic dehydrogenation of ammonia borane over acid oxidation- and subsequent high temperature-treated CNT immobilized Pt nanocatalysts to combine the merits of defect-rich and oxygen group-deficient surfaces and unique textural properties of supports as well as optimum particle size of Pt. ...