Jump to Main Content
« Previous |
1 - 20 of 37
- Kass, P.H., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The veterinary journal 2017 v.227 pp. 15-22
- animal rescue shelters; cats; death; euthanasia; infectious diseases; models; observational studies; probability; seasonal variation
- ... Animal shelters struggle to function at their ‘right size’ in terms of physical, staffing and outcome capacity, especially with seasonal fluctuations in cat intake. To address this, a Capacity for Care (C4C) management model was devised to balance health and welfare requirements of all animals while maintaining or improving goals for positive outcomes, such as adoption or transfer. In this observa ...
- Kass, P.H., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2006 v.67 no.4 pp. 731-736
- cats; cat diseases; cystitis; animal stress; bladder; sympathetic nervous system; stress tolerance; cortisol; urine; creatinine; hypothalamus; adrenal glands; pituitary gland; dihydroxyphenylalanine; norepinephrine; abiotic stress; tyrosine 3-monooxygenase; enzyme activity
- ... Objective-To determine the effects of stress in cats with feline idiopathic cystitis (FIC) by evaluating bladder permeability, sympathetic nervous system function, and urine cortisol:creatinine (C:Cr) ratios during periods of stress and after environmental enrichment. Design-Prospective study. Animals-13 cats with FIC and 12 healthy cats. Procedure-Cats subjected to an acute-onset moderate stresso ...