Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: dicke?
- Dickey, Aaron M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Moraxella bovis; Moraxella bovoculi; cattle; databases; desorption; eyes; keratoconjunctivitis; matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; polymerase chain reaction; restriction fragment length polymorphism
- ... Infectious bovine keratoconjunctivitis (IBK) is an economically significant disease caused by Moraxella bovis. Moraxella bovoculi, although not reported to cause IBK, has been isolated from the eyes of cattle diagnosed with IBK. Identification of M. bovis and M. bovoculi can be performed using biochemical or DNA-based approaches, both of which may be time consuming and inconsistent between laborat ...
- Dickey, Aaron M., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Veterinary research 2016 v.47 no.1 pp. 31
- Moraxella bovoculi; bacteria; cattle; eyes; genes; genetic variation; keratoconjunctivitis; nasopharynx; phylogeny
- ... Moraxella bovoculi is a recently described bacterium that is associated with infectious bovine keratoconjunctivitis (IBK) or “pinkeye” in cattle. In this study, closed circularized genomes were generated for seven M. bovoculi isolates: three that originated from the eyes of clinical IBK bovine cases and four from the deep nasopharynx of asymptomatic cattle. Isolates that originated from the eyes o ...