Jump to Main Content
- Scaramuzzi, R.J.; Baker, D.J.
- Journal of veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics 2003 v.26 no.5 pp. 327-335
- adenosine; central nervous system; smooth muscle; antagonists; cats; dogs; drugs; skeletal muscle; gonads; spaying; heart; cell membranes; pets; quality of life; immune system; receptors; agonists; enzyme inhibition; castration
- ... Adenosine is a ubiquitous, biologically important molecule that is a precursor of other biologically active molecules. It also is a component of some co-factors and has distinct physiological actions in its own right. Levels are maintained by synthesis from dietary precursors and re-cycling. The daily turnover of adenosine is very high. Adenosine can act either as a hormone by binding to adenosine ...
- P. Saransaari; S. S. Oja
- Amino acids 2004 v.26 no.1 pp. 91-98
- adenosine; adults; agonists; antagonists; cell membranes; glutamic acid; hippocampus; hydrogen peroxide; hydroxylamine; ischemia; mice; neuroprotective effect; nitric oxide; receptors; taurine; transporters; tritium
- ... The release of the inhibitory neuromodulator taurine in the hippocampus is markedly enhanced under various neural cell-damaging conditions, including ischemia and exposure to free radicals. The properties and regulation of the release evoked by a medium containing free radicals was investigated in hippocampal slices from adult (3-month-old) and developing (7-day-old) mice, using a superfusion syst ...
- Hiroko Nakatsukasa; Mitsutoshi Tsukimoto; Hitoshi Harada; Shuji Kojima
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2011 v.409 no.1 pp. 114-119
- T-lymphocytes; adenosine; antagonists; cell membranes; immunity; interleukin-10; mice; receptors
- ... Extracellular adenosine activates P1 receptors (A₁, A₂A, A₂B, A₃) on cellular membranes. Here, we investigated the involvement of P1 receptor-mediated signaling in differentiation to regulatory T cells (Treg). Treg were induced in vitro by incubating isolated CD4⁺CD62L⁺ naïve murine T cells under Treg-skewing conditions. Antagonists of A₁ and A₂B receptors suppressed the expression of Foxp3, a spe ...