Jump to Main Content
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- RSC advances 2019 v.9 no.16 pp. 8935-8942
- Annona; apoptosis; cell cycle; cell proliferation; cell viability; central nervous system; cytotoxicity; dose response; fruits; genes; glioblastoma; humans; leaf extracts; leaves; seeds; tropical plants; Africa; Korean Peninsula
- ... Graviola (Annona muricate) is a coveted tropical plant that has been found to be effective against many human cancers. Malignant glioblastoma multiformes are the most common and aggressive malignant forms of astrocytoma in the central nervous system. MUDENG (Mu-2-related death-inducing gene, MuD) is involved in cell death signaling. In this study, we investigated the impact of extracts from gravio ...
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2018 v.117 pp. 1147-1156
- apoptosis; astrocytes; cell proliferation; cell viability; central nervous system; cytotoxicity; genes; growth retardation; hormesis; human cell lines; mitogen-activated protein kinase; nanosilver; phosphorylation; small interfering RNA; transfection
- ... Hormesis is a dose-response phenomenon that, when applied to nanomaterial-biological interactions, refers to growth stimulation at low doses and growth inhibition at high doses. MUDENG (Mu-2-related death-inducing gene, MuD) is involved in cell death signaling. Astrocytes, the major glial cell type in the central nervous system, are a major source of brain tumors. In this study, we investigated wh ...