Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Lei, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2015 v.464 pp. 487-492
- 3' untranslated regions; beta-galactosidase; cell senescence; humans; in vitro culture; protein synthesis; small interfering RNA; stem cells; telomerase; tissue degeneration; transfection; translation (genetics)
- ... Aging of tendon stem/progenitor cells (TSPCs) can lead to tissue degeneration and subsequent injury. However, the molecular mechanisms controlling TSPC aging are not completely understood. In the present study, we investigated the role of Pin1 in aging of human TSPCs. Pin1 mRNA and protein expression levels were significantly decreased during prolonged in vitro culture of human TSPCs. Furthermore, ...
- Chen, Lei, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of Proteome Research 2013 v.12 no.11 pp. 5302-5312
- Escherichia coli; amino acid metabolism; biochemical pathways; biofuels; butanol; cell senescence; data collection; ethanol; fuel production; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; glutamic acid; hosts; isoleucine; metabolites; metabolomics; osmoregulation; osmotolerance; principal component analysis; proteome; synthetic biology; toxicity; trehalose; valine
- ... Although synthetic biology progress has made it possible to produce various biofuels in more user-friendly hosts, such as Escherichia coli, the large-scale biofuel production in these non-native systems is still challenging, mostly due to the very low tolerance of these non-native hosts to the biofuel toxicity. To address the issues, in this study we determined the metabolic responses of E. coli i ...