Jump to Main Content
- Hameed, Pearlin; Gopal, Vasanth; Bjorklund, Stefan; Ganvir, Ashish; Sen, Dwaipayan; Markocsan, Nicolaie; Manivasagam, Geetha
- Colloids and surfaces 2019 v.173 pp. 806-815
- umbilical cord, etc ; adhesion; biocompatibility; cell viability; coatings; colloids; contact angle; corrosion; fetal bovine serum; hardness; humans; hydroxyapatite; mesenchymal stromal cells; microstructure; orthopedics; porosity; spraying; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Dissolution of atmospheric plasma sprayed (APS) hydroxyapatite (HAp) coatings on Ti-6Al-4 V medical implants have always been a challenge to overcome in the field of biomedical industry. In the present work, an attempt has been made to develop a HAp coating using a novel thermal spray process called axial suspension plasma spraying (SPS), which leads to thin adherent coatings. Two HAp coatings fab ...
- Omar, Norazzila; Lokanathan, Yogeswaran; Mohd Razi, Zainul Rashid; Bt Haji Idrus, Ruszymah
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 167
- umbilical cord, etc ; Apiaceae; Centella asiatica; Schwann cells; alternative medicine; cell cycle; cell growth; cell proliferation; cell viability; cytotoxicity; dose response; gene expression; humans; immunocytochemistry; inhibitory concentration 50; medicinal plants; medicine; mesenchymal stromal cells; nerve tissue; neurotrophins; protein synthesis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; South East Asia; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Centella asiatica (L.) Urban, known as Indian Pennywort, is a tropical medicinal plant from Apiaceae family native to Southeast Asian countries. It has been widely used as a nerve tonic in Ayuverdic medicine since ancient times. However, whether it can substitute for neurotrophic factors to induce human mesenchymal stem cell (hMSCs) differentiation into the neural lineage remains unkno ...