Jump to Main Content
- Spycher, Melanie; Schwarze, Francis W. M. R.; Steiger, René
- Wood science and technology 2008 v.42 no.4 pp. 325-342
- wood quality, etc ; Picea abies; cell walls; modulus of elasticity; water content; wood; wood moisture; xylem; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The quality of wood used for music instrument making (resonance wood) is determined by assessing six physical properties: density, modulus of elasticity, sound velocity, radiation ratio, emission ratio, and loudness index. This can easily be done by means of measurements of the resonance frequency and the corresponding damping factor. The method described here is based on vibrational analyses, ada ...
- Hannrup, B.; Cahalan, C.; Chantre, G.; Grabner, M.; Karlsson, B.; Le Bayon, I.; Lloyd Jones, G.; Muller, U.; Pereira, H.
- Scandinavian journal of forest research 2004 v.19 no.1 pp. 14-29
- wood quality, etc ; heritability; tracheids; wood density; cell walls; earlywood; microfilaments; Picea abies; forest trees; diameter; pulp fiber; forest yields; latewood; resin canals; genotype-environment interaction; lignin; tree growth; growth traits; color; genetic variation; wood defects; grain and figure; Sweden; Show all 23 Subjects
- Rosner, Sabine; Karlsson, Bo; Konnerth, Johannes; Hansmann, Christian
- Tree physiology 2009 v.29 no.11 pp. 1419-1431
- wood quality, etc ; water content; Picea abies; wood properties; shrinkage; mechanical stress; tensile strength; xylem vessels; cell walls; tracheids; water potential; acoustic properties; testing; nondestructive methods; earlywood; juvenile wood; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to observe the radial shrinkage of Norway spruce [Picea abies (L. Karst.)] trunkwood specimens with different hydraulic vulnerability to cavitation from the fully saturated state until the overall shrinkage reaches a stable value, and to relate wood shrinkage and recovery from shrinkage to cavitations of the water column inside the tracheids. Radial shrinkage processes in ...
- PubMed Central: