Jump to Main Content
- Aung, Ei Mon, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2018 v.119 pp. 243-248
- acetates; acid hydrolysis; bagasse; biomass; biorefining; cellulose; crystal structure; ionic liquids; lignocellulose
- ... A high biomass loading in ionic liquid (IL) pretreatments that reduces the total cost of the process is potentially a key technique in biorefining. Previously, we demonstrated that, with microcrystalline cellulose, a higher cellulose loading could lead to improved accessibility and consequently higher hydrolytic reactivity, when catalyzed by an acid. In this study, we expand this concept to the li ...
- Aung, Ei Mon, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2017 v.176 pp. 365-373
- biorefining; catalysts; cellulose; crystal structure; enzymatic hydrolysis; glucose; ionic liquids; surface area
- ... High loading of cellulose in ionic liquid (IL) pretreatment is potentially a key technique for cellulose conversion to glucose in biorefining. In this work, to expand the potential use of this high loading technique, the accessibility of microcrystalline cellulose pretreated with an IL across a wide cellulose loading range (5–50mol%) and its relationship with the hydrolytic reactivity were compreh ...